You might’ve heard of that bestseller, “The 4-Hour Workweek”
A real game-changer back in the day.
He was dishing out wisdom nuggets left and right like:
- “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” (I hear you, Tim)
- “The opposite of love is indifference, and the opposite of happiness is boredom.” (Preach!)
Now, I won’t be bashing his book today.
Loads of folks found value in it.
And I actually loved it.
But it’s not exactly the Holy Grail of “work less, make more” anymore.
Case in point:
- Most “4-Hour Workweek” fans still clock in waaay more than four hours a day.
- Even Tim Ferriss doesn’t follow his own advice (he said it himself)!
You read it right.
An interviewer asked Ferris how many hours he works.
A cool 60+ hours…
Unless he’s launching a new book—then 60 is a walk in the park.
Many entrepreneurs are clocking in even more hours than that.
And trust me, I should know…
I used to be a 14-hour-a-day workin’ machine.
It hurt my soul.
My family suffered.
And I still battle with the anxiety I developed back then.
I only work one glorious hour a day on my marketing firm.
Did Tim’s book do the trick?
I had to cook up my own way of doing things.
And here are a few of them:
1. Make brevity a religion.
I’ve turned my employees into summary ninjas.
They slash through the bullshit.
And give me the essential info only.
No gossip or finger-pointing allowed.
Just the good stuff.
2. Audio notes? No thanks, unless they’re from me
Sending voice notes is like a speedrun for communication.
But my team?
They gotta hit me back with concise text, bullet points, or snappy loom videos.
3. Master the sacred art of saying no
Menial tasks? Delegated.
Build unapologetic focus.
Like a laser beam, cut through all the nonsense.
4. Meetings? More like meet-nots.
I ruthlessly trim meetings.
I hate ’em.
So I keep ’em intensely short.
We mostly talk through Slack.
But when we do meet, it’s a 10-20 minute blitz.
5. Automate and Abuse AI
I’ve mastered the art of using AI and automating braindead tasks.
I use software like:
Zapier, ConvertKit, ChatGPT, HypeFury, Meta Biz Suit, Descript.
They all help my team and I do more in less time.
Automation and AI will make your business run like a well-oiled machine.
6. Delegate with aggressive discipline
Sure, you could do that task in 10 minutes…
But swapping to a new task takes 30 minutes of brain gymnastics.
Instead, I delegate with a quick 1-minute voice note.
And if you want to implement it in all its liberating glory…
Tap that link below to join the waitlist for my upcoming program:
>>> Join the waitlist for my 1-Hr Workday Program
PS: If you need more help, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel , and follow me on Instagram & Twitter .
2. Learn the art of persuasive writing? Get my Crashcourse Copywriting guide .